Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Driving me mad...

Violence is something I would associate with third party actions, a mob, a gang etc. Violence is not something I associate with myself. I’m hardly a violent sort of person. If a fight breaks out – I’m the first person out of the door. The further I am away from aggression, the better I feel. And yet.

Recently I have been giving into my temper and doing some really silly, horrible things. If someone parks their car so close to mine that I have to use the passenger door to get in – it drives me insane. INSANE!!! Why do other drivers think that leaving 4cms between their car and the one next to it will do? Doesn’t someone have to get IN to the car to drive it? Thick goats.

Anyway, instead of just wishing really bad things on them which I might have done before. I have now started whacking my car door into the car next to mine. It makes me feel loads better. Of course my car ends up with a dent and slightly less paint but I don’t care. I don’t even like my car but I’m hoping they like theirs. That’s terrible. It’s vandalism and I know it but they’re selfish bastards and sometimes the only language people understand is… well, their own.

I know this behaviour is a step up from cutting off trishaws and driving slowly in front of irate van drivers who are sitting on their horn. That’s passive aggression and entirely justifiable (say I) because their aggression annoys people and the stuff I do is a great way to get back at them. But the door banging is a worrying trend. Maybe this time next year I’ll have transmorgified into one of those thuggy girls who beats up other women in toilets of night clubs and bars.

I can't think what makes me do this. I really don't believe that violence is an effective way to achieve anything. I think only those who can't express themselves verbally have to pound other people into pulp in order to make a point. So what on earth am I doing?

2 comments:

sittingnut said...

that's not vandalism! is it ? :-)
as getting even with others while driving, be careful.
try to ignore and concentrate on the driving only, one gets into a meditative state if one tries hard.

Azrael.words said...

Sittingnut: I try but it doesn't work. It's the Me-First mentality that sets the prole in me on edge.